This week's hot headlines
New restaurant in Dallas landmark towers over this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. New steakhouse from Las Vegas team coming to Dallas' landmark Reunion Tower. Reunion Tower, the blinking ball on the skyline of downtown Dallas, finally has a new tenant: Called Crown Block, it's a steak and seafood restaurant from Las Vegas group Blau + Associates, and according to a release, it'll open in spring 2023.
2. Rad new surfing lagoon paradise rides into Texas promising ocean-perfect waves and beachy fun. A new, world-class surf destination coming to Houston. HTX Surf will ride into Generation Park in fall of 2024, per an announcement by creators Beach Street Development, the company that pushes the barefoot life with its man-made surfing lagoons.
3. Dueling piano bar to depart longtime Addison home for Star in Frisco. There's good news in the dueling piano bar world, but also just a tiny bit of sad news. Good news first: Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar, the Austin-based dueling piano bar chain, is opening a location at The Star in Frisco. Bad news is it's a relocation.
4. Bluebonnet destination near Dallas flourishes as No. 4 best suburb in state. The North Texas city known as a bluebonnet capital of Texas each spring is also one of the state's best overall suburbs. Ennis lands at No. 4 in a recent SmartAsset ranking of the best suburbs near a large city in Texas. Nationally, it's ranked 102nd.
5. Only one Dallas restaurant has earned prestigious 5 diamond award from AAA. A Dallas restaurant has racked up a prestigious award, the only restaurant in Texas to do so: Carte Blanche, the acclaimed fine-dining tasting restaurant on Greenville Avenue from husband-and-wife Casey and Amy LaRue, has earned the coveted AAA Five Diamond designation.