This week's hot headlines
Bagel shop's big victory tops this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Acclaimed Dallas bagel shop sweeps top awards in New York bagel competition. They came, they saw, they conquered: Dallas' top-ranked bagel shop Starship Bagel, rated the best bagel in Dallas, took top awards at the 2023 edition of New York BagelFest in New York October 21-22.
2. Historic Mayor's House in Dallas' Oak Cliff to become Mediterranean eatery. A beautifully restored historic building in Dallas' Oak Cliff will soon be serving up delicious skewers. The famed Mayor's House, located at 635 N. Zang Blvd. will become a restaurant called The Mayor's House By Selda, a spinoff of Selda Mediterranean restaurant on Belt Line Road.
3. This Dallas-area zip code ranks 5th hottest in U.S. for new apartments in last 5 years. Nearly all of Dallas-Fort Worth has experienced a flurry of apartment construction to accommodate the equally expanding population in the last few years. In fact, eight Dallas-area zip codes were the hottest markets for new apartment construction between 2018 and 2022, according to a new rental market analysis by RentCafe.
4. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 5 hot new happy hours for October. The October edition of Where to Drink in Dallas returns to a favorite theme: happy hours. It's a perennial theme, one that is always of interest, especially during these inflationary times. Discount drinks taste better.
5. Better act fast for tickets to the first Texas Rangers World Series in 12 years. With the Texas Rangers set to host World Series games for the first time in 12 years, they set an on-sale time for the few remaining tickets to the four possible games at Globe Life Field in Arlington - but even at exorbitant prices for standing-room only, the tickets went quickly. Didn't get tickets? Here's a list of the best places to go to watch the games.