The Candyman Can
Snowglobes land on downtown Dallas hotel rooftop for holiday hookups
It's only the beginning of October but there's one festive wintry ritual ready to roll: Called Winterproof, it's a holiday-themed pop-up taking over the rooftop of the Statler Dallas hotel in downtown Dallas.
The hotel's rooftop lounge, ordinarily called Waterproof, will transform into Winterproof during the cooler season, from November 22 through February 11, offering outdoor snowglobes and heated cabanas for rent.
The fifth year for this annual holiday tradition, the theme will be "Cloud 19: An Escape to Winter Wonderland," with cocktails including:
- Gingerbread Espresso Martini: Ketel One vodka, gingerbread syrup, coffee liqueur, cold brew
- The Violet Beauregarde: Gin, lavender honey syrup, blueberry reduction, fresh lemon juice
- Pumpkin Spice: Vodka, Kahlua, pumpkin spice cream
- Spiked Eggnog: White rum, amaretto, house-made eggnog, dusted with nutmeg
- French 76: Vodka, Heering cherry liqueur, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, Champagne
There are two sizes of private snow globes available to rent.
Small globes, which seat up to four people, are available to reserve with two-hour food and beverage minimums starting at $200. Larger globes fit up to six people and start at $300 per two-hour reservation.
The cabanas, which accommodate up to 6-8 people, have been reimagined with themed decor. They can be reserved with prices ranging from $350-550.
A tea is available on weekends only November 25-December 31, from 11 am-3 pm. It includes tea plus savory and sweet bites that include
- egg salad on a mini croissant
- chicken salad on petit pains au lait
- English cucumber with whipped dill cream cheese on brioche
- pimento cheese on nine-grain bread
A daily selection of assorted mini scones are served with house-made jams, jellies, and Devonshire cream. Desserts include mini raspberry cupcake, goat cheese cranberry panna cotta, chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies, and a lemon curd tart.
Guests also receive a complimentary glass of rosé, Champagne, or sparkling cider (non-alcoholic).
Tea reservations are $58 for adults and $25 for children 12 and under.
It's free to visit Winterproof on weekdays before 3 pm — after that it's $10 on weekdays and $15 all day on weekends.
Reservations for snow globes, cabanas, and tea can be made