UPDATE: The salon officially opens Tuesday, August 4, a release says. As part of grand-opening celebrations:
- On August 4, the salon will open with introductory promotions including $30 blowouts and $65 lash extensions.
- To thank first responders and healthcare workers who have been hard at work, the salon is offering complimentary blowouts, August 10-16.
A blow dry salon from the East Coast is coming for Arlington's best-tressed. Cherry Blow Dry Bar, a fast-growing blow dry bar brand based in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, will open its first location in Arlington in July.
It's the second Dallas-Fort Worth salon for the company, which opened at The Star in Frisco in 2017.
The Arlington spot will be at 3980 N. Collins St., near the Viridian development.
“We are thrilled to bring Cherry Blow Dry Bar to the Arlington, Texas area,” says Lauren Johnson, owner of Cherry Blow Dry Bar in Arlington, in a release. “With the increasing development of Viridian, as well as the number of visitors to this area, this location is designed to meet the need for upscale styling services at affordable prices.”
Cherry Blow Dry Bar offers blowouts, hair extensions, hair treatments, makeup applications, lash extensions, and scalp massages. Blowouts start at $45, and an updo styling is $70. The salon’s styling menu includes nine different hairstyles, from beachy waves and updos to braids and voluminous curls. Scheduled appointments and walk-ins are welcome.
Add-ons (aka, "the cherry on top") include braids, extension styling, gray root "conceal spray," and more.
Lashes are also a big thing at Cherry. As part of their lash services, the salon offers four lash different styles — cat eye, flirty, natural beauty, and glamorous.
Little ones under 11 years old can get a fancy updo for $30, ooh la la. The salon also will host parties and events.
For those who plan to be regulars, Cherry offers three types of memberships, starting at $69.99 for two monthly blowouts.
Cherry stylists are trained to work with all types of hair, using the best tools and products in the industry, the company says. Brands include Blowpro and Pureology hair care, HotHeads hair extensions, Bella Lash extensions, and Keratin Complex repair and treatment systems.
The salon will be following strict health and safety protocols as it opens amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Per the release, these include:
- Appointment only – must book through app or call the salon
- Must wear masks for length of visit
- Temperature screening of 100 degrees or less
- Pre-screen questions
- Must wash/sanitize hands after entering
- Must sign waiver
- Must wear masks during all times
- Must wear gloves while performing services
- Must wash hands/sanitize between each client
- Temperature taken at beginning and middle of each shift
- Pre-screen questions reviewed upon each shift
- Must sign waiver
General salon guidelines:
- Social distancing
- Only guests receiving services will be allowed in the salon
- Ramping up cleaning efforts to keep all touchpoints sanitized throughout the day
- Cleaning before and after each client (wash sinks, styling chairs, counters, styling equipment, and brushes)
During its opening month, the salon is offering several limited-time offers. Keep up on its Facebook page.