Nasher Store pops up at NorthPark with artsy gifts for the nice ones on your list
We depend on the store at the Nasher Sculpture Center to help us find gifts for the most discerning recipients on our list. During this holiday season, we can also shop for those artsy goods at NorthPark Center, at the Nasher Store holiday pop-up shop located on level one near Neiman Marcus.
Opened on November 22, the shop peddles merch ranging from one-of-a-kind jewelry and handbags to desktop baubles, artwork and home decor. In addition, there are featured “pARTnership” products by local and regional artists. Some of the highlighted artisans include the following:
- Paul Schneider: The artist creates delicate and colorful ceramic vessels and glazed lamps inlaid with stained glass. No two pieces are alike.
- Nicole Porter: Using beechwood, Porter creates simple bowls, plates, trays and spoons that are as stylish as they are utilitarian. Each piece is environmentally friendly, nontoxic and food safe.
- Jonathan Cross: By using a variety of techniques — cutting, tearing, chiseling and carving — Cross’ ceramic vessels take on a natural feel that reference geological formations. But the works also have a manmade, architectural quality.
- Rob Wilson: Using his experience as a creative director, designer and illustrator, Wilson creates works — original artwork, stationery, wrapping paper, etc. — that are bold yet understated, with a bit of wit.
- Tumtee Close Knits: These stylish T-shirts for moms have visual and touchable designs to enhance the bonds between mothers and their babies. Each shirt also comes with an interactive nursery rhyme.
- B.Stellar: Two longtime Texas friends — one in Austin and one in Dallas — collaborate on this jewelry line, which brings a modern edge to naturally beautiful stones and gems.
The Nasher pop-up shop is open during regular NorthPark Center shopping hours throughout the holiday season.