The downtown Dallas location of Common Desk, the coworking chain, has opened, and so has the chain's first bar.
Called Office 772, it's a membership-only speakeasy-style bar tucked within Common Desk – Trammell Crow Center, which opened in January at 2001 Ross Ave., on the 7th floor.
The bar represents an extension of the company's fondness for throwing community-driven happy hours within their spaces, a policy they've embraced ever since they first opened in Deep Ellum in 2012.
As can be seen in their 2017 acquisition of Fiction Coffee, they've gravitated towards getting more first-hand involvement in the hospitality realm.
For Office 772, they originally envisioned a whiskey bar. But a spokesperson says that the concept evolved into a full bar, which they executed in partnered with Omar Yeefoon, acclaimed bartender and owner of cool bar Shoals Sound & Service in Deep Ellum.
The menu includes"Hi Balls & Bucks," martinis, wine by the glass, beer, and a selection of espresso-based cocktails dubbed The Jitters.
Featured cocktails include:
- Espadin Paloma - mezcal, grapefruit soda, and lime
- Fluffy Navel - vodka, Campari, white peach puree, "fluffy" OJ
- Whiskey Sour - Irish whiskey, lemon juice, and aquafaba
- St. Germain - elderflower liqueur, sparkling wine, sparkling mineral water
Office 772 requires a membership for entry: It can be a Common Desk coworking membership; or a "Social Membership" that costs $150 a month and grants access to the co-working space during non-workday hours.
The social membership option is for:
- Those who have an office elsewhere in Downtown Dallas but want a private place to close out the workday.
- Someone not ready to commit to a full coworking membership who wants to try it out.
- Brokers who need a place to meet with clients.
- Tenants of Trammell Crow Center.
- Professionals who only need access to the space after 5 pm.
Social membership hours run from 4-10 pm weeknights, and on weekends from 7 am-10 pm.
Office 772 is only open Monday-Friday from 4-7 pm - basically, happy hour hours.
Common Desk – Trammell Crow Center is a 52,000-square-foot space with two floors, including luxury enterprise suites for companies with 15-75 employees.