UPDATE 3-13-2020: According to a representative from the bar's PR, Jack & Ginger's "hosted a very quiet friends & family/soft opening late last year, but March 12 was the official opening day."
A long-awaited Irish pub from Austin has opened on Dallas' Henderson Avenue. Called Jack & Ginger's, it made its debut on March 12 at 2107 N. Henderson Ave., part of a two-in-one bar concept that's nestled below Caribbean-style bar 77 Degrees.
Jack & Ginger's was created by Austin-based Union Venture Group, created in 2002 by brothers Jeff and Daren Van Delden, who also founded its sibling 77 Degrees. Eric Dunahoe joined the team in 2013 and is overseeing the Dallas expansion.
J&G's debuted in Austin in 2015, where it hosts a street festival every year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. A second location opened in Houston in late 2018.
In Dallas, it's a 5,000-square-foot bar with exposed brick, dark woods, and hues of gold and green. Amenities include an open-air patio and at least 20 large-screen TVs. It will be the official watch destination for the Dallas Reds—one of the largest Manchester United Supporters communities in the United States.
The bar includes more than 60 beers on tap, plus wines on tap, plus a vast selection of Irish whiskey, Scotch, North American whiskey, Texas whiskey, and bourbon on tap.
There are Irish-inspired cocktails such as the Irish Rose with Slane Irish Whiskey, crème de cassis, and lemon juice; Redhead in Bed with Grey Goose Citron Vodka, strawberries, lemon juice, and rosé; and the Jameson Black Barrel House Mule with Jameson Black Barrel Whiskey, lime juice, and ginger beer.
The food menu features pub fare and comfort foods such as:
- Irish Chips & Dip with homestyle potato chips, Irish smoked cheddar pub cheese dip and French onion dip
- Grilled Cheese Hushpuppies with green goddess dressing and strawberry jelly
- Bangers N’ Mash with roasted onion gravy and fresh cabbage slaw
- Ginger’s Shepherd Pie with braised short ribs; traditional vegetables, cheese and sour cream
Jack & Ginger's also does that most important meal of the week: brunch on Sundays from 10 am-5 pm featuring dishes such as:
- Irish Boxty Sandwich with potato pancakes, egg, Irish black bacon, cheddar, tomato, and green goddess
- Flat Iron Steak and Eggs with 8-ounce flat iron steak, Guinness steak sauce, black bean and corn salsa, and two sunny side eggs
- Banger in the Morning with two bangers, mashed potatoes and two eggs
Brunch includes an Irish Coffee Bar, Bloody Mary Bar, and Pintmosas with flavors like pineapple basil, strawberry citrus, mango ginger and original orange.