Dallas-based Red Mango froyo chain cooks up extras at new location
A froyo chain has opened a cafe which will serve more than froyo. Called Red Mango Cafe, it's from the Dallas-based Red Mango frozen yogurt chain and it has opened a new revamped style café at the Cityline development in Richardson, at 1201 State St. #400.
Red Mango Café still offers the frozen yogurt for which the chain is known, but they've added food items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including grilled "folds," specialty toasts, and flatbreads.
Breakfast offerings include these three items in a flour tortilla:
- Camper: Scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, ham, and cheddar cheese
- Rise & Shine: Scrambled eggs, spinach, red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese
- The Cali: Scrambled eggs, bacon, spinach, mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, cheddar, balsamic
And these four toasts, served on sourdough toast:
- Open Mind Spicy: Mashed avocado, red onions, crushed red chili peppers, honey
- Coffee Canvas: Mascarpone coffee spread, sliced banana, dark chocolate, pecans, caramel, chocolate sauce
- New Day Tomacado: Spinach, mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, feta, balsamic vinaigrette
- Jammed-Up: Lemon-honey-ricotta, apricot jam, sliced almonds, basil, lemon slices
Four new dinner options feature grilled chicken, all in a flour tortilla:
- Caprese: Chicken, basil pesto, mozzarella, cherry tomato
- Buffalo Ranch: Chicken, buffalo sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese, ranch
- Club Remix: Chicken, ham, spinach, mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella
- Superstar BBQ Chik: Chicken, cheddar, bbq sauce, black beans, pineapple, red onion
They've also introduced a new line of flatbreads called Café Flats. These are served on naan bread:
- Why Not: Chicken, bacon, bbq sauce, shredded mozzarella, cheddar, red onion
- Farmer’s Favorite: Mozzarella, Gorgonzola, caramelized onions, honey drizzle
- Spicy Mad Red: Arrabiata sauce, mozzarella, Kalamata olives, oregano, Parmigiano cheese
- Booster: Mozzarella, basil pesto, roasted red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, balsamic glaze
Red Mango opened its first location in 2007 with a menu of frozen yogurt, smoothies, and parfaits. There are currently more than 100 locally owned cafes across the U.S. and Puerto Rico serving frozen yogurt.
This new cafe concept was launched in 2014. Brix Holdings, their parent company, says more cafés on the way, according to CEO Sherif Mityas.
"We’re excited to introduce our new expanded café menu to Cityline-Richardson which will be a key component for future Red Mango Café locations!" he says in a statement.