Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. 5 up-and-coming Dallas neighborhoods to buy a house right now. Hollywood Heights, Vickery Park, Midway Holllow. These Dallas neighborhoods are hotbeds for young professionals and families who want to live close to downtown. But with houses being sold every day way above $500,000, they've lost their transitional neighborhood status. Here are the five up-and-coming neighborhoods to buy in Dallas right now.
2. All the reasons to consider this charming Texas town for a quick getaway. If you have ever made the drive down I-35 to Austin, you probably think of Georgetown as the city you pass through closest to your final destination. But there are plenty of reasons to stop and enjoy.
3. Dallas restaurant scene surfs wave of high-profile chef moves. Chef change-ups are a regular part of restaurant life, but we're seeing a wave of particularly high-profile moves. Whenever there's a wave, there's often a round-up to follow.
4. Meet the 8 bartenders mixing the best drinks in Dallas. Leading up to the 2016 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, we look at the city's best bartenders. These mixmasters combine spirits with liqueur, soda, juice, and other ingredients to concoct a beverage that's greater than the sum of its parts. They make magic happen in a glass.
5. Treadmill-desk mastermind leaves City of Dallas employ. Dallas' chief wellness officer Forest Turner has left the employ of the city, and the wellness program he supervised has reverted to its previous status under the auspices of human resources.