Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Intriguing East Dallas restaurant unveils bike-friendly theme and top chef. A cool new restaurant that has piqued the interest of its East Dallas neighborhood is ready to throw open the doors. Called Local Traveler, it's an upscale-casual restaurant serving dinner seven nights a week, that'll be both bicycle-friendly and chef-driven.
2. Peppa Pig picks Dallas-Fort Worth for first permanent playdate in U.S. The preschool set's favorite loveable little piggy is coming out to play in Dallas-Fort Worth. The first U.S. location of Peppa Pig World of Play, a family-friendly indoor play center, will open at Grapevine Mills mall in early 2019.
3. Master list of 2018 restaurant openings coming soon to Dallas-Fort Worth. Summer is often the time when restaurants close, not open. But in 2018, the openings in the Dallas-Fort Worth area keep on coming. The population in the area is growing, and new developments keep going up, making the restaurant scene feel unseasonably upbeat. Here's what's coming up.
4. 6 quaint Texas towns for an easy escape from the Dallas hustle. Texas is peppered with quaint towns, each with its own unique character, history, and things to do — or the opportunity to do not much. Here are six sweet small towns to try.
5. State Fair of Texas 2018 free concert lineup boasts quirky big name acts. The State Fair of Texas, taking place September 28-October 21, has announced the headliners for its free weekend concerts on the Chevrolet Main Stage — a lineup that will include up-and-comers, tribute bands, and classic performers.