Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. How to get every possible discount at the 2016 State Fair of Texas. Call us cheap — but when State Fair time rolls around, our thoughts turn to finding the best ways to save a little cash. We spent all summer digging up the best State Fair of Texas discounts, and now we have the full list.
2. Japanese supermarket Mitsuwa debuts in hot North Texas foodie turf. In retail news, this goes way above the recent announcement that H-E-B might but probably won’t open stores in North Texas, but below the arrival of Daiso, Japan’s biggest and most popular dollar store chain.
3. Shake Shack Dallas menu incorporates goods from 3 local food favorites. Prior to its opening, Shake Shack, the New York burger concept that made its local premiere at The Crescent on September 1, teased with an early peek at its menu, which includes items custom-designed for the Dallas location.
4. Fried Jell-O takes it at State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards 2016. Weirdest won the prize at the 2016 Big Tex Choice Awards, the annual food contest held by the State Fair of Texas. Fried Jell-O won the award for Best Taste, while Most Creative went to State Fair Cookie Fries.
5. Candice Romo and her Dallas BFF debut clever line to help modern moms. Fellow parents Candice Romo (yes, that Romo) and Hollie Siglin have launched Hawk+Sloane, a collection of six sprays designed to "help others conquer parenthood ... one spray at a time."