Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. HBO’s True Detective looks really, really good. The trailer for the new crime drama debuted over the weekend, and it has everything: Matthew McConaughey chain smoking, Woody Harrelson being super serious and plenty of backwater Louisiana intrigue. They play two detectives tracking a serial killer over 17 years. It is not a comedy.
2. The iPhone 5S (and 5C) debuted today. The new 5S is supposedly twice as fast as the 5 — which the 5C is replacing — plus it has a fingerprint scanner, camera improvements and comes in gold. You will most likely buy one.
3. The U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team takes on Mexico tonight in World Cup Qualifying. The U.S. lost to Costa Rica last week, but if they win tonight, they have a good chance of punching their ticket to Brazil for next year’s tournament. Luckily, they’re playing in Columbus, Ohio, which has become the “spiritual home” of U.S. Soccer, according to Sports Illustrated.
4. Former Cowboys’ defensive coordinator Rob Ryan seems to be loving his time in New Orleans so far. The Wolfman’s defense came up big on Sunday with a late defensive play by Texas native Kenny Vaccaro to preserve a Saints’ win against the Atlanta Falcons. How did Ryan celebrate? By showing up at a dive bar and buying everyone drinks.
5. A fisherman off the coast of Massachusetts caught a six-clawed lobster. At least that’s how the headline describes it. Really, the guy caught a lobster with a hand and a giant claw. The lobsters, they’re evolving. You know, so they can hold the guns they need to take over New England.