Four luxurious Dallas-Fort Worth hotels are among the best in the state this, according to US News and & World Report. The publication collects its information through hotel ratings, customer reviews, and industry award analysis.
The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek (No. 2), Ritz-Carlton, Dallas (No. 6), Ashton Hotel in Fort Worth (No. 24), and Thompson Dallas (No. 25) all have made the prestigious list for 2023. The list looks a bit different than it did last year, when seven local hotels made the cut.
Houston’s only double five-star hotel and spa, The Post Oak Hotel, was awarded the No. 1 spot, known for its “tropical sanctuary” pool, nine restaurants and bars, and ultra-modern room amenities and decor.
“This prestigious list evaluates the top hotels from around the globe, and it is an honor to be included,” said Steven Chou, general manager at The Post Oak Hotel, in a statement.
Dallas' storied Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek takes No. 2 with its elegant decor, proximity to nearby parks, and acclaimed restaurant. It's up from No. 6 in 2022.
"This five-star hotel gets rave reviews, with many recent travelers saying the staff go above and beyond to anticipate guests' needs," US News says. "What's more, the hotel completed a large renovation in fall 2020, bringing the pricey property's design, rooms and suites, and public spaces up to the same vaulted level of service that impresses past travelers."
Uptown's swanky Ritz-Carlton, Dallas lands at No. 6 (up from last year's ranking of No. 7).
"Located near the Museum of Art, the Dallas edition of the luxurious Ritz-Carlton brand goes beyond just offering many of the amenities you'd expect from a five-star hotel," says US News. "For instance, this hotel boasts not just a pool, but a saline-treated rooftop pool; and not just facials and massages, but a 12,000-square-foot spa.
The Ashton Hotel, a petite boutique hotel in downtown Fort Worth, comes in at No. 24, and rounding out the top 25 is the Thompson Dallas.
Other top hotels in Texas from the US News and & World Report hail from Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Fort Worth.
The full list of the top 25 best hotels in Texas include:
- The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek – Dallas
- Commodore Perry Estate, Auberge Resorts Collection – Austin
- Hotel Emma – San Antonio
- Four Seasons Hotel – Houston
- The Ritz-Carlton – Dallas
- Thompson San Antonio Riverwalk
- The Driskill – Austin
- Fairmont Austin
- Four Seasons Hotel – Austin
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa – San Antonio
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa
- The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa
- The St. Regis Houston
- Austin Proper Hotel & Residences
- Miraval Austin
- Lake Austin Spa Resort
- La Cantera Resort & Spa – San Antonio
- Hotel Granduca Austin
- Mokara Hotel & Spa – San Antonio
- Hotel Granduca Houston
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa – Austin
- The Ashton Hotel – Fort Worth
- Thompson Dallas