This Week's Hot Headlines
Pretty Dallas patios brighten this week’s 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Healthy restaurant chain clings to life in Dallas with one left. In sad news for diners who like to eat healthy, the LYFE Kitchen chain has closed up shop in Dallas, leaving the Plano outlet as the only remaining branch in Texas.
2. The 10 best new Dallas patios for eating and drinking al fresco. Let’s be honest: When the weather is like it is now, we will find a place, any place, to sit outside. It doesn’t even have to be pretty. But these 10 restaurants and bars not only recently(ish) increased Dallas’ patio quotient, but they also meet the ambience requirements.
3. California pizza chain throws in the towel on Dallas. After a long, protracted, and ultimately tragic journey, California pizza chain Project Pie has pulled out of Dallas, closing its branches on Greenville Avenue and in Preston Center.
4. Apparently it sucks to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Dallas. If St. Patrick’s Day is up there on the list of holidays you love to celebrate, then perhaps you should consider doing it in another city. According to WalletHub, Dallas is the fourth worst place in America for St. Patrick’s Day parties.
5. President Obama makes a very important Texas taco stop before SXSW. President Barack Obama has great taste. When the president visited Austin in summer 2014, he made a pit stop at Franklin Barbecue for famous brisket. This time around, he went for damn good tacos at Torchy’s.