Tragic death, revolutionary beer can and best burgers: The 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Beloved Dallas chef Randall Copeland has died. The well-liked chef and co-owner of Restaurant Ava died on Tuesday morning. According to a spokeswoman for his restaurant, Copeland died in his sleep; the cause of death was not known. He was 39.
2. Pennsylvania brewery Sly Fox changes the world with 360 Lid. From the demigods at Sly Fox Beer in Pennsylvania comes the greatest evolution in canned beer since the stay-tab. And if that invention was the blunderbuss of cans, this is the Colt .45. This is how the West is won, y’all.
3. Restaurant Ava in Rockwall closes. With the tragic death of its chef and co-owner Randall Copeland, Restaurant Ava in Rockwall has closed down for good. Patrick Davalos, a friend of Copeland's and investor in his Bishop Arts restaurant Boulevardier, remembers Copeland and Ava fondly.
4. Suspected murderer and accomplice escape from North Texas jail. Around 8:30 am on April 2, two inmates escaped from the Hopkins County Jail in Sulphur Springs. John Marlin King, 39, and Brian Allen Tucker, 44, were on the lam for two days before being caught in the city of Cooper, about 20 miles away from the jail.
5. Get your grub on with the 5 best burgers in Dallas. A couple of criteria: These joints had to be from Dallas originally, so places like Hopdoddy’s were out, even though Hopdoddy’s could’ve made this list. The other criterion was that we made sure to not put your favorite burger joint on here. Just because.