This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas' Lower Greenville Avenue loses cool Asian restaurant. Dallas' ever-revolving Lower Greenville neighborhood sees another sad restaurant loss in BBBop, the Asian restaurant at 2023 Greenville Ave., which closed on July 13, after three years in that space.
2. Big layoffs at bike-share company prompt total pullout in Dallas. Ofo, one of the big bike-share companies that has been operating in Dallas, is undergoing mass company-wide layoffs, resulting in a far smaller local footprint. The company has chosen to pull out of Dallas entirely.
3. Hipster hostel turns down the comfy bunk beds in Dallas' Deep Ellum. Nearly two years in the making, the Deep Ellum Hostel is now open for your low-cost stay-over needs. Located at 2801 Elm St., this is the first and only hostel in Deep Ellum.
4. Doug goes on the record: 5 best live-music venues in Dallas-Fort Worth. There are plenty of places to catch live music in DFW, and there's nothing that compares with the spontaneity and good feeling of seeing musicians do their thing live. Here are five favorite DFW music venues.
5. Designer Elaine Turner suddenly closes new Dallas store as company evolves. It’s been a challenging six months for Houston-based designer Elaine Turner, who has had to make difficult business decisions. One of those decisions was to close almost all of her brick-and-mortar stores, including all but one in Dallas-Fort Worth. One Dallas closure was particularly sudden.