This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. A master list of every Dallas new restaurant opening in fall 2017. The fall always represents a promising time for new restaurants, but fall 2017 around Dallas-Fort Worth is totally next level. On top of the usual various newcomers, big and small, there are a number of large developments going up in the suburbs of Dallas that will vastly increase the places that local diners can grab a meal. Here's our list of all the restaurant openings you'll ever want to know about.
2. Who’s the most stylish in Dallas? Now’s the time to vote. We have once again partnered with The Plaza to present the fourth annual CultureMap Stylemaker Awards. To get things started, we asked you, our devoted readers, to nominate those you deem our city’s arbiters of style. Then we convened a panel of judges to narrow down the pool to 12 deserving semifinalists. Take a look at the list, and then cast your vote.
3. We’re one big step closer to getting from DFW to Austin in under 20 minutes. A 19-minute trip from Dallas to Austin is a few miles closer to reality. A proposed project that would connect Dallas, Austin, Houston, Laredo, and San Antonio via a futuristic pod-and-tube system is now one of four U.S. finalists in a global transportation contest.
4. Italian openings and pizza top this slice of Dallas restaurant news. Dallas restaurant action is coming in fast and furious, with the highlights in this roundup being Italian, pizza, gelato, and wine. That's a complete meal right there. Here's what's happening in dining news.
5. Dallas Symphony Orchestra patrons garner standing ovation at annual gala. Before he departs for New York, music director Jaap van Zweden made sure to leave a lasting impression during his final Dallas Symphony Orchestra gala. The maestro conducted three pieces from Dvorak and one from Mahler, all to rapturous applause from the black tie-clad audience.