This Week’s Hot Headlines
North Texan’s cure for wine hangovers leads this week’s 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Revered Dallas animal rescuer Paige Anderson passes away at 50. This week, the Dallas animal rescue world mourned for Paige Anderson, an animal advocate who passed away on September 18, after a year-long battle with cancer. She was 50 years old.
2. North Texan invents magical wand that waves away wine hangovers. In excellent news for wine lovers, a new product created by a North Texan dramatically reduces the side effects associated with drinking the stuff. Called The Wand by PureWine, it makes the vino-drinking experience more pleasant — especially the next morning.
3. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 top restaurants without a silly line out the door. Dallas diners live for the latest, the now, the new. If there’s a hot new restaurant, that’s where they want to be, even if it means waiting in line. The harder it is to get in, the more they want it. This list is not for those people. This list is for the diner who doesn’t need a line to know if something’s good.
4. Craft beer growler bar goes into Dallas neighborhood that really needs it. Every neighborhood deserves its own growler station, and Bluffview area, your time is here. Bluffview Growler, from the folks behind Lakewood Growler, will open on Northwest Highway at Marsh Lane.
5. Elegant Dallas Symphony Orchestra gala resonates long after final note. Every year the Dallas Symphony Orchestra hosts the first official gala of the fall, as a way to get its patrons excited about the season to come. But the 2016 soiree had special significance, because conductor Jaap van Zweden announced earlier this year that he is leaving the DSO for a post at the New York Philharmonic.