This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas social swells party hearty in this week’s most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Mysterious affair leaks all the juicy details about future for DMA Juniors. On September 19, the Junior Associates of the Dallas Museum of Art gathered at a meeting place somewhere deep in the Harwood District before being led to a secret speakeasy that few have experienced but none will soon forget.
2. Joule Dallas hotel spills essential details on new downtown restaurant. The day draws closer for the opening of Americano, the latest restaurant in The Joule hotel. According to a release, there's a date: Americano will open in early October. And the menu will be creative Italian-American food, including pastas and Neapolitan-style pizza.
3. Alamo Drafthouse introduces epic sleepaway camp — for adults only. The folks at Alamo Drafthouse and events website Do512 are teaming up for Camp Halloweekend, a sleepaway camp weekend for adults only in Marble Falls that runs October 30-November 1.
4. Socialites redefine best dressed at Dallas' most famed fashion fête. When the clock struck 10:30 am on September 18, the red carpet rolled out at the Neiman Marcus downtown flagship for the 42nd annual Crystal Charity Ball 10 Best Dressed Fashion Show and Luncheon. Glamorous guests arrived to an elegant champagne reception in the store's lower level.
5. Here's a chance to own a midcentury modern one block from White Rock Lake. Sometimes serenity can only be found near water, like in this midcentury gem currently for sale near White Rock Lake. The three-bedroom, two-bathroom home at 7243 Meadow Lake Ave. in East Dallas is a study in contrasts, with its striking architecture and cozy, calm feel.