This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas restaurant openings and closings consume 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Uptown Dallas restaurant pioneer shutters after one last Sunday brunch. The once-happening Nick & Sam's Grill on the edge of Uptown has closed. Fittingly, its final meal was Sunday brunch on October 25.
2. Oak Cliff bakery caters to lunching Dallas ladies with new tea room. Oak Cliff mom-and-pop Potpourri of Silk, known for its showpiece specialty cakes, has added a new facet, namely a sweet little tea room with sandwiches, coffee, and tea.
3. 4 Dallas restaurants that just opened on the sly. Fall opening season is fully underway in the Dallas-Fort Worth restaurant world. With almost no fanfare, these four spots have all opened their doors within recent days, kind of stealthy and under the radar. We're not letting them get away with that.
4. Plans spill for epic Deep Ellum redo and more Dallas city news. Looks like Deep Ellum may get another tall building, and Dallas can't give away money fast enough. Here are the high points — or should we say low points — of what happened in the city this week.
5. Uptown Dallas cafe serves last lunch before high-rise moves in. Long-running Uptown eatery Cafe Express closed on October 30. But the news is not all bad: The restaurant will reopen in the high-rise that's replacing it — but not until 2017.