Getting a passport can be kind of a beating. Maybe that's why only 40 percent of Americans have one. But an event being staged at a Dallas hotel will help make it easier to get your first, or renew the one you have.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts will host a "passport concierge" at the Hilton Anatole on June 23-24 that will allow you to apply for or renew your passport during weekend hours.
This initiative is an extension of the Hilton Passport Project, designed to help more Americans get passports. In August 2017, the U.S. Department of State began working with Hilton Hotels and Resorts to help those without passports to get one.
U.S. Department of State employees have assisted Hilton’s Passport Concierge Booths across the country to provide passport applications, photos, and opportunities to ask questions about applying for a passport.
In summer 2018, there are two Hilton Passport Project events scheduled for Dallas and New York City.
At the Dallas event, visitors can:
- Navigate the application process with help from on-site U.S. Department of State officials
- Make copies of identification documents and get their passport photo taken for free
- Work with a notary to facilitate children’s applications
- Fully submit their passport application on-site – one of the few times weekend application hours are offered
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website to learn more about application requirements and fees
Dates & Times
Saturday, June 23 from 9 am–5 pm.
Sunday, June 24 from 9 am–5 pm.
Hilton Anatole, The Coronado Ballroom, 2201 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75207
Park in lot 4 and proceed through the West Wing
As an added bonus, Dallas residents can also receive a quick makeup touchup at the event with the help of an onsite makeup artist. Passports, after all, last for 10 years.