This Week's Hot Headlines
Former Fox News star's mansion spins into this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Glenn Beck slashes price of his Dallas-area mansion to less than $5 million. Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck is trying again to sell his mansion at Westlake’s exclusive Vaquero Club. Beck listed the nearly 9,000-square-foot property, at 2224 King Fisher Dr., for $4.95 million on December 13 — $1.25 million less than it was offered a year-and-a-half ago.
2. East Dallas retro landmark will become Nashville hot chicken restaurant. A treasured East Dallas building that was once home to Brink's Coffee Shop & Restaurant has a new savior: Lucky's Hot Chicken, a Nashville-style hot chicken place will open in the mid-century style building at 4505 Gaston Ave.
3. One of Dallas' top secret croissant bakeries finds permanent storefront. A superb bakery that's been doing wholesale baking and the occasional pop-up is finally making it official: La Casita Bakeshop, which has been the secret supplier of fabulous croissants, muffins, and scones to restaurants and coffee shops such as Cultivar Coffee and Tribal Cafe, will be opening a storefront in Richardson.
4. Dallas-Fort Worth could see biggest population surge in U.S. through 2029, study says. Brace yourselves, North Texans. Following a decade of eye-popping population growth, Dallas-Fort Worth is expected in this decade to once again lead the nation’s metro areas for the number of new residents.
5. Dallas home design experts predict trends that are in — and out — for 2020. Dallas' talented architects and interior designers have their fingers on the pulse of all the trends. We asked a few local experts what design trends can we look forward to seeing in 2020, and what we will be kicking to the curb. The one thing they all seem to agree on? The days of white on white on white are over.