Links We Love
Blink-182 breaks up like it still matters, SkyMall fails and more links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Plano West senior Soso Jamabo is a five-star running back recruit who has narrowed his search to two schools. UCLA and the University of Texas are probably sad at his sudden shift, but there's something to be said about being able to take your classes online.
2. Designers have put a tiny apartment inside of a 100-year-old turret atop Amsterdam's De Bijenkorf department store. Artists and writers can apply to stay inside the 172-square-foot tower, where they can try and avoid splinters and falling out of bed.
3. Blink-182 has broken up again, and now two of them are feuding with the other one, and 12-year-old me is super sad right now. One would hope they could Stay Together For The Kids, but I guess All The Small Things finally had Tom DeLonge saying, "Dammit, I'm just not Feeling This." Boom. Nailed it.
4. Pajiba looks at 10 authors who hated the movie adaptations of their books. In a shocking twist, it turns out that writers can be petty, but Bret Easton Ellis takes the cake.
5. SkyMall is going out of business, and the garden gnome industry mourns. Phactual looks at 17 of the worst products SkyMall ever sold. Surely there was something worse than the hands-free wine holder, because that's legitimately useful and, no, you need to cool it.