Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Georgia lawyer's local Super Bowl commercial is batshit amazing. Lest you think Deadspin is using the term "batshit amazing" willy-nilly, take a look at the ad in question. You'll see why personal injury attorney Jamie Casino deserves all of the attention he's getting. To wit: There's a flaming sledgehammer.
2. Drive-thru doo wop makes ordering at McDonald's sexy. It's no easy feat to make fast food sound sexy, but this trio harmonizes its way into our hearts. The employee who flawlessly fields this musical order deserves praise as well. You'll never look at the drive-thru the same way again.
3. Former 300-pound NFL player runs 3:56 marathon. Former offensive lineman Alan Faneca has lost more than 100 pounds since retiring from the NFL in 2011. The cherry on top of his weight-loss sundae? A 3:56 finish in Faneca's first marathon.
4. Wikipedia archiving voices so you'll always know how celebrities sound. It's hard to remember what the world was like before Wikipedia told us everything we wanted to know — and some things we didn't. Now the crowd-sourced encyclopedia is dipping its toe in the audio world. According to NPR, Dustin Hoffman, John Updike and Jane Goodall are among the first celebs to have their voices immortalized on the site.
5. Final Cut King will blow your mind with new video. Zach King has been called "The Genius of Video Making," and that's a not a term to be thrown around lightly. King shows off his editing prowess with more than seven minutes of video magic.