This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Helicopters will rain down on Dallas skyline with convention in town. Dallas was swarmed by approximately 60 helicopters when a helicopter convention swooped in on Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center the first week of March.
2. Richardson dessert shop takes doughnuts and ice cream to sweet new heights. The new Sweet Daze Dessert Bar shop will open in Richardson with a combination no sweets lover can resist: doughnuts and soft-serve ice cream.
3. New Dallas global restaurant nabs Deep Ellum location with clubby past. A modern American restaurant with a globally influenced menu will open in Deep Ellum, in a space that has been home to many a bar over the years.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best restaurants to go meatless in March. Do people still give up things for Lent? Twitter's top 100 ideas of items to give up include Twitter, alcohol, chocolate, and meat. Obviously, life is not worth living without the first three — but meat's an easy one to skip.
5. Uptown Dallas lobs classic lobster rolls at new sandwich restaurant. The makeover of The Crescent in Uptown Dallas continues with news of another new restaurant — a branch of East Hampton Sandwich Co., the Dallas sandwich chain from founder Hunter Pond— set to open in summer 2017.