This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas' rising star chefs float to top of this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. These 10 chefs are the rising stars of Dallas' restaurant scene. The time has come for the 2017 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, our annual event honoring the best in local food and drink. Over the next few weeks, we'll spotlight the nominees in all categories of food and beverage, from best bartenders to the best restaurants in Dallas-Fort Worth. For our first category, we present the nominees for Rising Star Chef of the Year.
2. Watch for major traffic shift plus brand-new exit on downtown Dallas freeway. St. Patrick's Day weekend brings a major traffic shift for Dallas motorists driving on I-30, as well as a brand-new freeway connection in the Dallas Mixmaster. The new direct connector allows drivers who are moving eastbound on I-30 to go directly to southbound I-35E.
3. Flower Child restaurant blooms for Dallas' healthy hippie diners. Opening day has arrived for Flower Child, the latest concept from Fox Restaurant Concepts, the Arizona-based group that also owns True Food Kitchen. Flower Child is the fast-casual chain that skews younger and healthier, with more vegetarian and vegan options on the menu.
4. Deep Ellum mural project recognizes 6 Dallas artists with top awards. Six murals have been selected as winners in a public art project in Deep Ellum, including a much-admired mural of elephants painted on the side of a building at 3601 Main St.
5. Dallas family founds 4R Ranch Vineyards and Winery in picturesque Texas town. Texas has a new winery from a Dallas family. Located in the Red River Valley outside Muenster, 4R Ranch Vineyards and Winery is designed to serve as destination winery and event venue, with estate Viognier and Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards, a tasting room, boutique, and rooms for weddings and special events.