Links We Love Right Now
Kevin Ware's sense of humor, Scope bacon hoax and kung fu grandpa
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Kung fu grandpa practices his craft in the Food Lion parking lot. On first blush, you'd think that an elderly man working on his nunchuck skills in a deserted grocery store parking lot would be the main event. But trust us: It's the narration that makes this video a crowd pleaser. This bad boy has 5.6 million YouTube views and counting.
2. Kevin Ware shows his sense of humor isn't broken even though his leg snapped like a toothpick on national television. The Louisville guard is getting love from the likes of LeBron James and Kobe Byant after sustaining a gruesome injury on Sunday. He's taking all the attention — and pain killers — in stride.
I should of blocked that shot tho. Lol— Kevin Ware (@_billionairebev) April 1, 2013
3. Legends of the Hidden Temple as remembered by a former contestant. American children were apparently tortured for public entertainment in the ’90s, and no one said boo.
4. Scope wins April Fools' Day 2013. Google gave us a smell search. YouTube said it was closing its virtual doors, and diver man-child Tom Daley purportedly obtained a piglet. Scope Bacon still smoked the hoax news competition.
5. Actresses without teeth. A Tumblr that is exactly as advertised.