This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. This Dallas neighborhood declared one of the most expensive in Texas. A new study identifying the most expensive neighborhoods across the country puts one Dallas neighborhood close to the top of the list for all of Texas. North Dallas has been named the seventh most expensive neighborhood in the state — and the most expensive in the city — by ConstructionCoverage.com.
2. Acclaimed restaurant Abacus in Knox Henderson Dallas will close. One of Dallas' most acclaimed and long-standing fine-dining restaurants is pulling the plug. According to a release, Abacus Jasper's Restaurant Group will close the original Abacus in the Knox District on June 1, as the company plans for a new concept that will open later this summer.
3. How to do the DMA Dior exhibition like a proper Dallas fashionista. Unless you've been living an Insta-free lifestyle, you probably know that the Dallas Museum of Art unveiled "Dior: From Paris to the World" — a blockbuster retrospective that surveys more than 70 years of the House of Dior’s legacy — on May 19. Here's a quick guide to making the most of the exhibition — a handful of viewing tips, highlights, and one very important trick at the end — how to get tickets.
4. Lakewood lands new farmers market in prized spot on hot Dallas corner. Lakewood got a new farmers market starting May 19, when the Lakewood Village Farmers Market made its debut at Mockingbird Lane and Abrams Road in the parking lot of the old Albertsons. The market is part of the Good Local Markets family, which also hosts the White Rock Farmers Market at 9150 Garland Rd. on Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
5. Popular hair-care brand treats Plano's Shops at Legacy to first 'color bar' in Texas. A well-known San Francisco hair-color brand will open its first salon in Texas for quick, affordable color treatments at Plano's buzzy Shops at Legacy complex. The 2,342-square-foot Madison Reed Color Bar will be at 5717 Legacy Drive, Suite I65, and is expected to open in August.