This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas restaurant closures and Blue Bell savior top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas restaurant scene gets hit by 3 unforeseen shut-downs. While Dallas diners are enjoying lots of prosperous restaurant openings, we’re also suffering shut-downs. We’ll minimize the pain by wrapping them up in one tear-stained roundup, as follows: Bohemian Cafe, Gin Mill and Woodfire Kirby's.
2. Fort Worth billionaire steps in to save Blue Bell homemade vanilla. A billionaire from Fort Worth has stepped in to aid the besieged Blue Bell Creameries. According to an announcement from the Brenham-based ice cream company, Texas businessman Sid Bass has become an investor and partner.
3. Trinity Groves restaurant closes despite good reviews and media love. After a year, the spud-themed Potato Flats in Trinity Groves has closed. A spokesperson for the restaurant said that Trinity Groves wasn’t the right location fit.
4. Seven fabulous Dallas women divulge summer vacation plans and travel tips. There are those who travel, and there are those who travel well. From effortlessly chic outfits to wear on the plane to dishy beach reads and summer playlists, here are the expert ways seven singularly stylish Dallas women elevate every adventure.
5. Klyde Warren Park ignites foodie festival with big-gun chefs. Klyde Warren Park has announced the lineup for its new food-and-wine festival. Called Park & Palate, it will take place on September 25-26 and will feature a swath of chefs from across Texas.