This Week's Hot Headlines
Top Dallas doughnut shop's new location ices this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Acclaimed Dallas doughnut shop lands lulu of a location in Lakewood. One of Dallas' most very favorite gourmet doughnut shops is opening a new location in the center of beautiful downtown Lakewood. Jarams Donuts, which has been wowing foodies and doughnut fiends from its unassuming location in a North Dallas strip center, has a new location in the works: at 2117 Abrams Rd., across the street from the Whole Foods Market at Abrams and Gaston Road.
2. Victor Tangos spot on Dallas' Henderson Avenue gets happy new restaurant-bar. A Henderson Avenue address that was formerly home a trailblazing cocktail bar has a new tenant. The space at 3001 Henderson Ave., which used to be the restaurant-bar Victor Tangos, will become a new restaurant-bar called Felix Culpa.
3. Iconic downtown Dallas hotel due for big renovation and new eateries. A downtown Dallas hotel with a long history is getting a makeover. The Sheraton Dallas Hotel — part of Marriott International Inc. — has begun construction of a multimillion-dollar renovation of the hotel and convention property.
4. How to get every possible discount at the 2018 State Fair of Texas. The State Fair of Texas, which starts its 24-day run at Fair Park on September 28, is a fall tradition for many around the Lone Star State. Here are the many ways we've found for you to save money on tickets.
5. Most beautiful and surprising photos win Dallas Arts District contest. The photos have been taken, the judges have judged, and now the winners are in. "Through the Lens: Dallas Arts District," a photography fundraiser organized by the Hall Group and the Dallas Arts District, gives the thumbs up to 91 photographs from 56 photographers, all of which will make their way into posterity, or at the very least, a nifty hard-bound coffee table book.