Links We Love
Twerking girl catches on fire and crazy fox song top links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Worst twerk fail ever video lives up to its name. As the girl on fire tells it, "I tried making a sexy twerk video for my boyfriend, and things got a little too hot." Judging by the haphazard arrangement of this girl's apartment, we're going to go ahead and believe this video was not staged. But we're not a hard sell when it comes to entertaining videos.
2. "The Fox" is the song of the fall. Although there's a whole raging debate about who released the definitive song of the summer, there's really no contest about the song of the fall. "The Fox" by Ylvis is taking the Internet by storm by posing the eternal question: What does the fox say? The chorus is a bit grating. But the whole thing is so weird, it's actually good.
3. "Dallitude is Everything" is our new favorite Tumblr. We love a good gif-based Tumblr, and one that plays up inside jokes about Dallas is just about the best thing ever. CultureMap Dallas even gets some love for its coverage of the Katy Trail Ice House BBQ trailer incident.
4. The first Google doodle was a burning man stick figure. The Atlantic tracks down the Google doodle's humble beginnings to August 30, 1998, when founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin were at the Burning Man festival in Nevada. From a clever out-of-office message to more than 1,000 intricate drawings, the Google Doodle never disappoints.
5. Fad diets will seem even crazier after you see this. If losing weight were easy to do, well, we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic. Today's Americans are good at the easy stuff, not so great at the prolonged self-control and discipline thing. Enter: fad diets. Eat only orange foods for a week and lose 20 pounds? I can do that. If that didn't already sound absurd, this photo essay from NPR should do the trick.