Links We Love
Swanky new iPhone, Oval Office faceplant and more links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Apple debuts two new iPhones. The unveiling of new Apple technology is a near-religious experience these days. And although the two new iPhone models — iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus — are pretty sweet, it doesn't mean we can't poke fun at the hyped-up minor changes.
2. Cronut inventor Dominique Ansel has a lot more ideas. The appeal of the cronut has reached far and wide, and now the person behind the revolutionary breakfast pastry is sharing new, delicious ideas with the world. A sampling includes chocolate chip cookie shots and frozen s'mores.
3. Watch the U.S. quit smoking over 40 years. We all know that the number of people smoking cigarettes has declined steadily through the years. But this map shows just how many people have quit state-by-state since 1970. Slow clap for good decisions.
4. Pope Francis did a Google Hangout with students on five continents. Pope Francis continues to set a high bar on the whole papal duties front. He recently held a Google Hangout with students from Australia, Israel, Turkey, South Africa and El Salvador. As you could have guessed, he was the first pope to do so.
5. Kid's Oval Office face-plant goes viral. Being a kid is hard sometimes, especially when your parents drag you to meet the president of the United States and you are so not into it. White House photographer Pete Souza posted the now-viral image on Flickr.