Restaurant News Roundup
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Best neighborhood eats: 6 hot restaurants in Deep Ellum. This historical neighborhood has led many lives, from its century-old blues scene to its 1990s heyday as the center of live music. In 2013, Deep Ellum rebounds again as one of Dallas' hottest dining destinations. These are the best restaurants in the 'hood.
2. The 5 best wine bars in Dallas to sip and stay awhile. For Dallas tipplers, much of the buzz lately revolves around craft beer. But there's good news for oenophiles too. For our list of the top wine bars, we focused on establishments that not only focus on wine but help demystify the experience by making it approachable and fun.
3. New Deep Ellum shops dive into national foodie trends. You may have heard that Deep Ellum is rife with dining options; well, there's no stopping it now. In the latest batch of openings, from artisan doughnuts to ramen noodles to urban grocer, Deep Ellum is asserting its role as Dallas' culinary go-to.
4. Dallas Arboretum unveils thrilling new go-to destination for families. The Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden at the Dallas Arboretum, which opens to the public on September 21, is an expansive tract just east of the main arboretum grounds that contains 17 galleries with more than 150 interactive exhibits.
5. Mattito's restaurant leaves Uptown Dallas digs for odd spot in Centrum. After nearly 14 years, the Mattito's restaurant in Uptown is packing up and heading to a possibly iffy new location: the Centrum building at Cedar Springs Road and Oak Lawn Avenue.