This Week's Hot Headlines
Fall restaurant openings top this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Here's our master list of every Dallas restaurant opening in fall 2018. In our efforts to keep diners in the know, we've compiled our annual master list of all the restaurants in the Dallas area that are coming in fall and beyond. Here's what's coming soon.
2. Dallasites kick it to cancer at rollicking Cattle Baron's Ball 2018. Cattle Baron's Ball got a little bit o' chicken fried for its 45th anniversary, as country superstars Zac Brown Band kept a crowd of thousands rocking at a high-energy concert. It was just one highlight from the milestone edition of Dallas' premier society event benefiting the American Cancer Society.
3. Knox Dallas restaurant Mr. Mesero gets fresh start with new name. In the latest chapter of Mico Rodriguez versus the world, Mr. Mesero — the restaurant he owns on McKinney Avenue in Dallas' Knox district — has a new name. It's now called Doce Mesas — for "12 tables" — and has an updated menu that's a departure from and expansion of the original.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best restaurants for new brunch. Whether spring or fall, summer or winter, Dallas always wants its brunch. Seeing the writing on the wall, these 10 restaurants have answered the call for brunch — whether they're veterans introducing a new brunch, or newly-opened eateries adding that final, essential piece to their mealtime puzzle.
5. Upscale Mexican restaurant bids adios to Dallas’ Greenville Avenue. It's a sad ending for a restaurant on Greenville Avenue that fought for its life from birth. Don Chingon, an upscale Mexican restaurant that opened in 2017 across from the former Whole Foods Market, has pulled the plug.