This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas’ first food hall debuts in Uptown with right dose of urban grit. Uptown is first out of the gate in Dallas on the ultra-trendy food hall concept, with the opening of Uptown Urban Market, which boasts 7,000 square feet dedicated to food stalls manned by high-end local independents such as La Duni Baking Studio, Buda Juice, and Fireside Pies.
2. Adele goes trick-or-treating in Dallas in Hollywood-caliber costume. Adele was in Dallas this past week on her North American tour, the timing of which happened to fall on the day after Halloween. So, naturally, the superstar songstress decided to go trick-or-treating in the Dallas area, decked out to the nines in a costume from The Mask.
3. Unique new downtown Dallas restaurant caters to every kind of diner. Downtown Dallas gets a healthy new indie restaurant in Gather Kitchen, a new fast casual spot slated to open at Thanksgiving Tower in early 2017. This is the first location, and it will serve healthy comfort food, including trendy bowls.
4. Modern home in East Dallas neighborhood bucks new-construction trends. New construction in Dallas proper tends to be monstrous mansions with million-dollar price tags. But not this modern home at 8818 Groveland Dr., located in the serene East Dallas neighborhood of Little Forest Hills.
5. Dapper Dallas man leverages PR know-how for smart new fashion ventures. After more than a decade with Todd Events, PR guru Josh Madans stepped down to go solo. Unable to find a “normal 9-to-5” that suited his diverse background he launched three companies of his own: Madans Mgmt., Halo Homme, and Billy Baker Co.