This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas bar deemed one of the places in America to find a rich husband. If you’re a Dallas woman looking for a man who’s got more in his wallet than a Chase debit card and a Capriotti’s buy-12-get-1 punch card, Town & Country has you covered. The Mansion Bar made the magazine’s list of “The Best Bars and Clubs to Meet a Rich Husband.”
2. The 10 best bars in Dallas for food as good (or better) than the drinks. Bars have come a long way from wings and nachos, with bigger menus, better ingredients and a more ambitious attitude. Some have food that seems “too good” for a bar. Those are the places we’re singling out here.
3. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 10 must-hit stores for December. Dallasites are always in search of the latest and greatest shops, especially around the holidays, when the quest to find the perfect gift begins. These are our picks for where to shop this month, including our own Holiday Pop-up Shop.
4. Contemporary Uptown condo boasts downtown views and Katy Trail access. A condo has just hit the market that will appeal to architecture enthusiasts and avid entertainers: 4143 Buena Vista St. unit E, designed by AIA award-winning architect Ron Wommack, has all the features required for extravagant partying.
5. New Dallas delivery app exponentially expands restaurant takeout options. A newly launched app makes it possible to get whatever you crave delivered to your doorstep — regardless of the restaurant’s delivery policy. Favor is an on-demand delivery service that picks up food (or groceries or dry cleaning or pretty much anything else save for alcohol) and brings it to you.