Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. This Dallas suburb tops the list of biggest holiday spenders in U.S. Santa Claus is coming to one North Texas town in a big way. A new study by personal finance website WalletHub estimates the typical holiday shopping budget in Flower Mound will be $2,937 this year — the third highest sum among U.S. cities.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to take out-of-town guests. Now that we've moved into the holiday season, our restaurant needs have undergone a shift. The immediate concerns revolve around issues like accommodating a big group, satisfying multiple diet agendas, and showing off Dallas' finest eateries, to justify why you moved here in the first place. For our December edition of Where to Eat in Dallas, here's our 2019 list of where to take out-of-town guests.
3. The most dazzling Christmas light displays around Dallas in 2019. Entire streets, blocks, parks, and major attractions throughout North Texas have flipped the switch on this year's festive yuletide decor. Here are the biggest, best, and brightest commercial and neighborhood Christmas light displays around Dallas in 2019.
4. Stylish couple enjoys good food, good drinks, and good times at Dallas wedding. When Chris Andersen and Korey Williams met on a dating app seven years ago, they had no idea how fortuitous the match would be. They stylish couple got married August 30, 2019, with a ceremony at the Dallas Arboretum and a reception at Local in Deep Ellum.
5. Get ready to grovel at the 5 most precious restaurants in Dallas. These five restaurants have hard-wired denial into their very business plan. They know that to give us everything we think we want will interfere with our journey to nirvana. Here are Dallas' five most precious restaurants.