This Week's Hot Headlines
Jerry Jones' new world title tops this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Jerry Jones now owns second most valuable sports empire in the world, says Forbes. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed disappointment about the team's 17-9 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on December 22. But he could hardly be disappointed about a title he did win recently. On December 18, four days before Dallas’ dismal performance in Philly, Forbes magazine crowned Jones the head of the world’s second most valuable sports conglomerate.
2. Glamorous Dallas weddings take the cake in our hottest society stories of 2019. This year, readers fell hard for our stories about fun and fabulous Dallas weddings, including the nuptials of a Real Housewives star. And if you want to know where Dallas’ busiest social butterflies were this year — and what organizations benefited most from their partying, er, charitable ways — then look no further than these most-read society stories.
3. Dallas suburb gets big lump of coal on list of best Christmas cities. With a made-for-the-holidays name, you’d think Garland would be one of the country’s best cities for Christmas. But by one measure, that’s not so. Garland sinks to a Grinch-level No. 93 in a new ranking of the 100 largest U.S. cities for celebrating a festive and affordable Christmas.
4. The 11 best ways to party on New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth. New Year's Eve always includes some fantastic events around Dallas-Fort Worth, at which revelers can dance, count down to midnight, and take in some spectacular fireworks. Here are some of your best options to finish out the decade and bring in 2020 in style. Still looking for dinner reservations? Check out our list of restaurants that will open their doors for New Year's Eve dining, too. And then celebrate the new year with brunch the next morning.
5. New North Dallas taqueria preaches fresh food and community spirit. A new taqueria opening in North Dallas promises to be something pretty special. Called Public Taco, it will open at the northwest corner of Preston Royal Village, specifically 5959 Royal Ln., in the space next to Spec's that was previously occupied by Papa John's.