This week's hot headlines
Staggering population prediction leads this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth population headed toward jaw-dropping milestone by 2028. Dallas drivers, prepare to share the roads with nearly a million more people. A new analysis predicts Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington's population could cross the 8 million threshold in the next five years, swelling to nearly 8.5 million total residents.
2. Legendary Voodoo Doughnuts from Portland is finally opening in Dallas. A doughnut shop responsible for pioneering "extreme" toppings like bacon is coming to Dallas: Voodoo Doughnut, one of the first to do so-called gourmet doughnuts and who created the now-ubiquitous Bacon Maple Bar, is opening a store in Dallas.
3. Dallas' Deep Ellum now has 2 clubs with new mechanical bulls. The Dallas neighborhood of Deep Ellum continues its slippery slide into Extremely Buzzy Entertainment Zone with a new amenity: A mechanical bull has made its debut at Punch Bowl Social, the high-volume bar, gastro-diner, entertainment, and private party venue featuring bowling lanes, ping pong, and other games.
4. Dallas-Fort Worth International soars as world's 5th best airport, report says. A new study by aviation experts has determined that the second-busiest airport in the world is also one of the best: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport soared through the ranks, landing at No. 5 in Cabin Crew HQ's 2023 "Best Airports in the World" report.
5. Downtown Dallas hotel gets a new Irish pub from a seasoned veteran. At one downtown Dallas hotel, it's goodbye po'boys and hello fish & chips, via Kennedy's Irish Pub, a new concept from Dallas pub king Alan Kearney, coming to the Westin Dallas Downtown at 1201 Main St.