This week's hot headlines
Keith Lee's restaurant picks lead this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Where to eat in Dallas, according to viral food critic Keith Lee. Did you know viral TikTok food critic Keith Lee was in Dallas? If you're online at all, his visit was impossible to miss. He was in DFW recently, eating at local restaurants and spurring headlines, fanfare, and endless social media posts. He came, he ate, he conquered.
2. Dallas neighbor logs on with the 2nd biggest remote workforce in U.S. Working from home in Dallas-Fort Worth has many advantages – especially getting to avoid the area's notoriously congested traffic. And Frisco workers are luckiest of all. According to a new SmartAsset study, Frisco has the second-most remote workers in the nation.
3. Neighbors in southwest Oak Cliff want houses, not apartments. There's a new apartment building being plotted for southwest Dallas that has the neighbors on alert. The new build would be at West Kiest Boulevard and Guadalupe Avenue, east of South Cockrell Hill Road, on land that's currently zoned for single family homes.
4. Popular Dallas pizzeria brothers debut expansive new trattoria in Frisco. Pizza lovers in any of Dallas' northern or eastern suburbs know about Eddie’s Napolis, a loosely-connected pizzeria chain with locations in outlying towns, famous for its reliable and robustly flavored pizzas, pastas, and surprisingly good desserts. Now the family behind that chain has introduced a new concept: Dua Trattoria.
5. Moroccan restaurant Medina Oven in Dallas' Victory Park closes doors. After more than a decade, a restaurant in Dallas' Victory Park has been shuttered: Medina Oven & Bar, which had been serving Moroccan food there since 2013, closed at the end of January.