After a longtime policy of being very measured with its flavors, Starbucks is going a little crazy by introducing six new Frappuccino beverages, available June 8. They will become part of a social media vote campaign for the company.
From June 19-30, customers can vote for their favorite on Frappuccino.com. The winner will be announced July 3.
"Over the years we have seen many creative recipes from our customers, and the six Fan Flavor Frappuccino beverages featured in the Flav-Off contest represent a few of the most popular recipes," said Starbucks marketing director Renee Jones in a release.
Starbucks' most recent flavor was S'Mores, released in May for summer 2015, with graham cracker-flavored syrup, coffee, milk, ice, marshmallow-infused whipped cream, milk chocolate sauce and crumbled graham crackers.
The six new flavors show the company's continued gravitation away from coffee and more toward an ice cream-type lineup for this drink:
- Caramel Cocoa Cluster. Toffee nut syrup, coffee, milk, ice, dark caramel sauce, whipped cream, mocha sauce.
- Cinnamon Roll. Cinnamon dolce syrup, white chocolate mocha sauce, vanilla bean, coffee, milk, ice, whipped cream, cinnamon dolce topping.
- Cotton Candy. Vanilla bean, raspberry syrup, milk, ice, whipped cream.
- Cupcake. Vanilla bean, hazelnut syrup, milk, ice, whipped cream. Similar to a limited-edition Birthday Cake flavor released in March, which also had vanilla bean and hazelnut syrups.
- Lemon Bar. Lemonade, vanilla syrup, milk, ice, whipped cream, caramel sugar.
- Red Velvet Cake. Mocha sauce, raspberry syrup, vanilla syrup, chocolate chips, milk, ice, whipped cream.
Starbucks launched the Frappuccino 20 years ago; the only two flavors were coffee and mocha. In other countries, there are unique Frappuccino flavors that reflect their palates, such as coffee jelly or red bean green tea in Asia, algarrobina Frappuccino with syrup from the black carob tree in Peru and the chocolate brigadeiro Frappuccino in Brazil.
We get cotton candy.