8 Dallas chefs & restaurants make list of 2024 James Beard Award semifinalists
The James Beard Foundation revealed the list of semifinalists for the 2024 Restaurant and Chef Awards in advance of the James Beard Awards in June.
Of those semifinalists, eight DFW restaurants or chefs were on the list. Three earned "national" rankings, considered to be slightly more prestigious than the Texas-only nominations received by the other five.
Here are the three national nominees:
- David Uygur of Lucia, Outstanding Chef
- La Casita Bakeshop in Richardson, Outstanding Bakery
- Gemma, Outstanding Hospitality
Here are the five Texas nominees, all for Best Chef:
- Misti Norris of Petra and the Beast
- Anastacia Quiñones-Pittman of José
- Regino Rojas of Purépecha
- Arnulfo (Trey) Sánchez of Vaqueros Texas Bar-B-Q in Grapevine
- Rich Vana of The Heritage Table in Frisco
Quiñones-Pittman and Rojas were both semifinalists last year.
Finalists will be announced in April. The winners will be announced in June.