Feel the Impact
Pat Smith promotes the power of pink at Komen Dallas Impact Awards Luncheon
From table linens to trophies, Hotel Zaza was pretty in pink for the second annual Komen Dallas Impact Awards Luncheon. Among the devotees was the always-elegant Pat Smith, honorary chair for the 31st annual Race for the Cure in October.
Presented by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, the luncheon honored the 2013-14 grant recipients, corporate partners, donors and volunteers. Eleven Dallas County programs received a total of $1.8 million to help fund breast cancer screening, treatment and support services to underserved residents:
- American Cancer Society
- Irving Healthcare Foundation
- The Bridge Breast Network
- Lost Barrios Unidos Community Clinic
- Methodist Health System Foundation
- Methodist Richard Medical Center: Asian Breast Health Outreach Project
- Parkland Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: Center for Breast Care
- UT Southwestern School of Health Professions: Screening Our Sisters
- YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas
LaKisha Wells, Kathy Harvel, Atmos Energy, YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas, Carol Roehrig, Jackson Walker L.L.P., Sam Khoury, FOX 4, The Beyond Foundation, Jan Lucio and Tom Thumb were also recognized for their dedication to Komen Dallas through volunteerism, community service and corporate partnership.
When Smith took the podium, she shared the challenges of losing her mother to breast cancer. By the time she was finished with her heartfelt speech, there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.
Joining Smith in the fight were Komen Dallas executive director Jennifer Legere, Komen Dallas board president Sharla Myers, Kaitlyn Echols, Christina Cutshall, Shana Madkins, Jamie Williams, Connie Yates, Nicole Metcalf and Stephanie Sparks.