Pretty Dallas patrons party in pink for Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Dallas social butterflies, dressed in all shades of pink, gathered at the Room on Main for the fifth annual Pink Party benefiting the Dallas County affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The room was a pink wonderland — a dream come true for our inner 10-year-old birthday girl — decked out with pink balloons and sweet treats.
Attendees sipped on cocktails and marveled at the fashion show led by local designer Abi Ferrin while listening to tunes spun by DJ Michael Greenspan and Tricia Lee. As models donning body paint and Rory Ashton's jewels strutted throughout the space, Jenna Owens, from Kidd Kraddick in the Morning, guided all of the breast cancer survivors on a lap around the room.
Event host Sam Khoury and host committee members Natalie Solis, Joe Palladino, Robert Hooper, Christie Allardyce, Saadia Sheikh, Alex Perry, Elliot Perry, Simone Alameel, Leah McCann, Sierra Tellez, Katy Echols, Chelsea Claxton, Sally Evans and Margot McCann welcomed devotees, who bid on auction items and scored a few pieces designed by Ferrin and Ashton.
All tallied, this year's Pink Party raised $35,000 to help fund breast cancer education, screening and treatment for thousands of women.
The Dallas affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure invests 75 percent of the net funds raised to support local breast health services and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national breast cancer research.