International jet setters can soon look forward to a new and improved airport lounge experience at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. American Express, which maintains a portfolio of airport lounges around the world, is giving the Centurion Lounge at DFW an upgrade in 2018.
Note: If all you own is a measly AmEx gold card, this does not apply. Stop reading immediately. Mosey on over to the Fuddruckers Hamburgers where they will welcome you with open arms. VIP lounges are so overrated, right?
This news is only for Platinum Card holders, who will now get access to even more space and amenities when they travel through DFW. Finally, this downtrodden group gets some relief.
But there is no gain without pain. In order to make the Centurion grander and more spacious, the lounge will be moved to a new location opposite the existing space, near Gate 17 on the mezzanine in Terminal D and just inside security.
In addition to all of the amenities currently offered in the existing lounge, the new DFW lounge will offer:
- An additional 3,000 square feet of space
- Three shower suites
- Private telephone rooms
- Private mother's room
Meanwhile, these features and amenities that Platinum Card Members have come to know and love at the Centurion Lounge will not go away:
- Full premium bar with specialty cocktails developed by Centurion Lounge mixologist Jim Meehan, and wines handpicked by Centurion Lounge wine director Anthony Giglio
- Fresh, locally-inspired cuisine designed by James Beard Award-winning chef Dean Fearing
- Complimentary spa therapies from Exhale
- Semi-private, dedicated work area with high-speed Wi-Fi
- Member services desk
- Conference space
- Family room
- Computer bar
- Large flat-screen TVs
The new, expanded space is expected to open in the first half of 2018. Stay strong, people! Help is on the way.