Family fun happens during summer staycation at Gaylord Texan Resort
Looking for local family fun that appeals to both adults and kids? Gaylord Texan Resort is poised to be your favorite staycation spot. In addition to unique activities, recreation, fine dining and comfy accommodations, the resort is known for its 4.5 acres of lush indoor gardens under glass kept at a comfortable 72 degrees year round.
During Summer Bash, the resort features special programs, unique camps and extras for all ages. Check out the lineup of fun and adventure taking place through Labor Day.
Let the Kids Cook
Spots are filling up quickly for the junior chefs camp, a popular interactive day camp geared for kids ages 8-16. Here they learn how to cook, plate and serve dishes. Advanced tickets are required to reserve your spot, which you can purchase here. The camp fee is $90 per person; the payoff is delicious food you don’t have to prepare.
Soak up Paradise
There’s room for the entire party at Paradise Springs. This water park comprises a 6,000-square-foot lagoon, 600-foot lazy river, 27-foot-tall winding waterslide, 25-foot zipline, two hot pools, water basketball and a dedicated pool for the youngest family members. The water park features plenty of beach chairs and seating, as well as private cabanas for rent that include TVs, refrigerators and fire pits. In the park, you’ll find drink specials, DJ music and more. All resort guests have access to Paradise Springs.
Day In and Day Out
From morning to evening, there’s something exciting going on during Summer Bash. The full list of activities is here, but highlights include the following:
- Chillin’ with checkers: Get competitive with a friendly game of checkers or bean bag toss in the Lone Star Atrium.
- Family snaps: Everyone smile and dress up for an old-time Western photo shoot on Fridays and Saturdays, 4-8 pm, and Sundays, 10 am-2 pm, at the Western House Saloon. Prices vary by package.
- Live piano music: Stop by the Silver Bar every evening from 6-9 pm to enjoy live piano music.
- Friday night fireworks: In the resort parking garage, the night kicks off with music at 9 pm (or Glass Cactus for ages 21 and up) and fireworks at 9:30 pm.
- Summer music series at Glass Cactus: Keep the good times going with live music every Friday and Saturday night, for ages 21 and up. There is a $10 cover after 8 pm.
- Wine and cheese pairings: Three expertly paired wine and cheese selections are yours to enjoy at Old Hickory Wine Bar. Cost is $35 per person, for ages 21 and up.
- Sunset patio hour: Enjoy appetizer and drink specials on Glass Cactus’ two-tiered outdoor deck overlooking Lake Grapevine.
- Margarita madness: We’ve got your margarita favorites and some unique cocktails too in the Riverwalk Cantina. Additional charges apply; for ages 21 and up.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
Gaylord Texan also features four award-winning restaurants: Old Hickory Steakhouse, Zeppole Coastal Italian, Texan Station and Riverwalk Cantina. Or, if you prefer an in-room meal, the resort also offers room service.