Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Hipster '80s-style roller skating rink to wheel into Dallas Design District. Roller skating is wheeling in to Dallas' Design District via Ride On, a new adult-oriented rink opening at 170 Pittsburg St., at the corner of Riverfront Boulevard, in fall 2023.
2. Busy Dallas hard rock music venue Amplified Live to close this week. A Dallas live music venue is shutting down: Amplified Live, which has been one of the city's most popular venues for live rock music shows for the past decade, has closed its doors. The final show was on March 31, featuring Exciter and Night Cobra.
3. Texas rises through the ranks of most innovative states, says new report. The Lone Star State has again taken a step up on an annual report that ranks the most and least innovative states in the country — this time cracking the top 15. Texas ranked No. 15 in personal finance site WalletHub's 2023’s Most and Least Innovative States ranking. It's a steady improvement for the state, which ranked No. 16 in 2022 and No. 17 in 2021.
4. Sexy and daring Magic Mike Live show comes to Frisco for one-month run. On the heels of Magic Mike's Last Dance, the first-ever tour of the stage show Magic Mike Live will make its debut in a custom-built venue at Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, May 11-June 11. The show features professionally trained dancers delivering 90 minutes of sexy and daring dance routines, acrobatics, live music, comedy, and more in front of, above, and all around the audience.
5. This is how much money you need to live comfortably in Dallas-Fort Worth, new study finds. Whether it be the price of eggs or a new car, trying to have a financially stable life in one of America’s largest metropolitan areas is becoming more and more difficult. So, how much money do you need to make to live comfortably in Dallas-Fort Worth? A new report from SmartAsset has the answer.