This Week's Hot Headlines
New Japanese BBQ restaurant leads this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Japanese BBQ restaurant comes all the way from Tokyo to Dallas' Greenville Ave. There's a new Japanese BBQ restaurant opening on Greenville Avenue that was founded in Tokyo more than 60 years ago. Called Manpuku, it's a premier chain of Japanese barbecue, aka yakiniku, restaurants and will open its first location in Texas at 2023 Greenville Ave., in the former Yucatan Taco Stand space.
2. Dazzling new boutique hotel beckons for a getaway to Granbury. Granbury has long been a delightful destination for a quick getaway from Dallas-Fort Worth. But an exquisite new boutique hotel, opening Labor Day weekend, just might make visitors rethink the “quick” part. There’s so much to love at Hotel Lucy, guests may want to stay and play for days.
3. Beloved West Dallas Taquero taqueria finds high-profile new location. A well-liked West Dallas taqueria known for stellar tacos and culinary prowess has found a high-profile new location. Taquero, which left Singleton Boulevard in December after three years, has taken over the space on Ross Avenue previously occupied by Pints & Quarts.
4. Expedition to remote Dallas preserve ends on idyllic Bonton Farms lunch. Goat Island Preserve started my summer 2020 exploration of parks around Dallas. It is part of the system set up by Dallas County to preserve natural wildnerness areas. The street address is listed as 2800 Post Oak Rd. in Hutchins, and at 2838 Post Oak Rd., in the southeast corner of the county. It's the second-largest preserve in the system.
4. Dallas' popular Greenville Avenue Pizza to open newest location – with brunch. A popular Dallas pizzeria is expanding north: Greenville Avenue Pizza Company, which has been in business on Greenville Avenue for 13 years, is opening a new location in Richardson. This will be the third location for the concept.