This Week's Hot Headlines
Cattle Baron's Ball blazes into this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Keith Urban electrifies crowd at Cattle Baron's Ball 2019 in Dallas. One of the biggest country music stars on the planet, Keith Urban, kicked Cattle Baron's Ball 2019 into high gear when he took the stage under the big tent at Gilley's on October 19. But even before the Entertainer of the Year jammed for the crowd of thousands, the 46th edition of the big American Cancer Society fundraiser proved once again why it's the premier Dallas mega-party of fall.
2. Tornado crosses North Dallas, destroying many homes and businesses. On Sunday, October 20, severe storms blew through Dallas-Fort Worth, bringing hail, lightning, and a tornado that ripped across north Dallas. In addition to crossing at least three major highways, the tornado struck a densely populated area, causing many collapsed buildings, damage to residences, uprooted trees, and downed power lines. Throughout the week, the National Weather Service confirmed that multiple tornadoes had touched down in North Texas that night.
3. You can buy the trolley from Spaghetti Warehouse in Dallas' West End. Perhaps you are still lamenting the closure of the original Spaghetti Warehouse, which shuttered its location in Dallas' West End on October 20, after 47 years. Look sharp, because the previously-announced auction of the restaurant's fixtures, lighting, and other memorabilia is now live. In the biggest news, you can personally own the signature trolley which resided inside the restaurant.
4. Elton John brings surprise return of farewell tour to Dallas. Elton John is taking the long road to goodbye. Almost two years after announcing The Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour, John has booked two more concerts in Dallas, playing again at American Airlines Center on June 26 and 27, 2020.
5. 2 Dallas universities make new list of top 10 schools in Texas. Personal finance website WalletHub has released its 2020's Best College & University Rankings, just in time for the looming November 1 “early decision” college application deadline. Two Dallas universities have made it into the list of Texas' top 10 schools. University of Dallas is ranked No. 8, while Southern Methodist University just makes it in at No. 10.