This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas' best-dressed and chocolate controversy top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Upscale Texas grocer begins meltdown of controversial Mast Brothers Chocolate. A domino has fallen for Mast Brothers, the chocolate maker from Brooklyn known for its colorful paper wrappers and bearded owners. The company's chocolate bars are being discontinued at Central Market, the Dallas-based, high-end grocer that specializes in gourmet foods.
2. The Hateful Eight represents Tarantino at his best and worst. Although 2012’s Django Unchained was a Western of sorts, it was only a matter of time before writer/director Quentin Tarantino got around to truly paying homage to the Western genre, which he does with aplomb in The Hateful Eight.
3. These are your best options to aid tornado victims in Rowlett and Garland. In the aftermath of a string of deadly tornadoes that swept across the Dallas area on December 26, Rowlett city manager Brian Funderburk has advice on the best places for those making donations.
4. The best-dressed Dallasites of 2015 impress more than the rest. We reflected on Dallas' most exclusive social events of 2015 and what people wore to make their grand entrances, from classic to off-the-wall. The year's best-dressed Dallasites wore looks that made an impression long after the lights went down.
5. New Mexican restaurant puts brunch and flan on the menu in Garland. A new Mexican restaurant with a familiar name is celebrating its soft opening in Garland. It's called Masaryk Mexican Kitchen, which has a similar name to a restaurant that was in Addison Circle and closed in 2009. Though the name is similar, this restaurant is not related.